Local Heritage

fuente-de-la-reinaThe oldest bridge in the city, its cobblestones left untouched and undisturbed, relic of an age long gone. It was built in the early 1500's but was completed only in the early 1800's after Ormoc was separated from her mother town, Palompon. This bridge was used as a docking area of galleons and Vintas during the Spanish era.
superdome

The pride of Ormoc City situated within the city fronting the Ormoc Bay. This imposing structure has an area of 3,782 square meters with a 5,000-person capacity equipped with modern facilities. It is a decent and magnificent venue for socio-cultural activities such as conventions, conferences, concerts, basketball and volleyball tournaments and other related activities.
philippine-japan-peace

An impressive memorial marker put up by Nagoya and Gifu Prefectures as a token of friendship of Japanese and Filipinos in the aftermath of World War II. It is situated in one of the city's picturesque hills overlooking Ormoc Bay.
Flash-Flood

The graveyard of the victims of the 1991 flash flood is where the biggest cross in the city can be found. An obelisk in the center is erected where interpretations of the victims by the artists all over the country will be installed. A commemorative mass and laying of flowers is held in this site every November 5th each year in memory of the victims who perished in the tragedy.
veterance

The Veteran's Park was constructed in the early 1990's in honor of the Filipino soldiers who fought for the liberation of Leyte and the Philippines. The Centennial Marker was erected in 1998 to commemorate the 100th year independence of the Philippines. One gets a good view of the bay, the port and the plaza from this vantage point. It is favorite rendezvous for the young and old alike for picnic, leisurely strolls on its verdant lawn.
Sts Peter & Paul Church

The oldest church in the city marks the prelude to centuries of Christian evangelization in Ormoc when the Jesuits first set foot in Ormoc way back in 1556. Ormoc was originally attached to her mother town Palompon which attained parochial independence from Hilongos on Nov. 12, 1784. A month after Ormoc became a municipality on Feb. 26, 1834, the Ormoc Catholic Parish with Saints Peter and Paul as its patron was formally inaugurated. The church had recently undergone a major renovation in preparation of being converted into a cathedral. The church’s golden main altar & beautifully painted interior adds to its overall appeal that draws more churchgoers and devotees.
Aqua-Dulce

Derived from its Spanish name "agua Dulce" meaning "sweet water", the water that flows throughout the day in this well is the sweetest and the safest among the six flowing wells constructed in the city during the WW II. It is the only source of water in 1991 during the Ormoc flashflood.
Old City Hall

Constructed few years after World War II, the Old City Hall used to house the seat of power in the city government of Ormoc since the late 1940's. It was vacated in 2010 since the employees occupying it have transferred to the New City Hall located in the Govt. center of this city. The government of Ormoc is planning to convert this old City Hall into a museum in the future.
Ruins of Dominador Tan Residence-OPS

The residence of Cong. Dominador Tan with well-manicured lawn and a swimming pool was one of the most beautiful scenery in Ormoc at that time which was completed a year before the war. As war broke out, it was utilized as one of the headquarters of the Japanese military operations in Leyte and was partially destroyed by the bombings in the Battle of Ormoc Bay. Its ruins serve as a symbolic structure of Ormocanons indulgence of World War II.
jica2

These river control structures along Anilao and Malbasag Rivers gave way to the rivers’ new facade. Following the Ormoc Tragedy in 1991, this grant project of the Japan Government was constructed in 2001 with almost P 1.0 billion budget and nearly P300 million budget from the Philippine government aimed to provide sufficient protection against floods and a safe place to live in for Ormocanons.
EDC plant

The Leyte Geothermal Power Field is the country’s largest geothermal powerhouse and the virtual linchpin in the national electric highway throughout the entire archipelago. The production field lies in a 2,224 hectares area within the 107,625 hectares reservation. Its five (5) power plants produce 708 megawatts geothermal capacity which is 37% of the estimated gross potential reserves of the country at 5,000 megawatts. It accounts 60% of the country’s installed capacity of 1,911 megawatts. It provides electricity to southern parts of Luzon, to the Visayas and to the northern parts of Mindanao via sub-sea cables.
golf

A relatively simple 18-hole golf course, Leyte Golf provides golfers with picturesque views of Ormoc bay and the nearby mountains. While playable whole year round, the course gets muddy after strong rains. Hone your skills in the driving range and practice putting green before your game. If you need some rest, tee houses are located along the fairway for your convenience. And if you need golf equipment, there is a pro shop located in the clubhouse. Also in the clubhouse are male and female lockers and showers where guests can leave personal belongings, and freshen up after the game. Sumptuous food and thirst quenching drinks are available in the restaurant and bar and a swimming pool for those who wish to take a dip.
1zyepf4

Barangay Lake Danao got its name by the lake nearby. In 1951, it was only a sitio of Barangay Donghol but this vilage was popular that attracted migrants to stay. During the war in 1942, a Filipina guerilla named Villa Moncada organized the people of Danao. Their activity was to teach the young adult to read and write and first aid activity. In 1953, a community school was recognized and named after Villa Moncada. In 1973, the lake nearby was renamed after Imelda in honor of our former first lady Imelda Romualdez Marcos. It was declared as Lake Imelda National Park but Danao still operates its own government.
st. peters college

The school was founded in the year 1914 by an Ormocanon Jesuit priest Fr. Ishmael Cataag. It was first named Colegio Nuestra De Guadalupe that was later changed to St. Peter’s Academy since it is located beside Sts Peter and Paul parish. The school is run by Franciscan sisters. When its population kept on increasing, its name was again changed to St Peter’s College (SPC). At present, SPC is one of the most popular schools in the city taking into consideration the quality of education it provides. It had groomed the best graduates and maintains reputation to being the best educational entity in the locale.
ormoc mangroves

Mangroves are group of trees and shrubs situated in the areas between Lao and Naungan villages, of this city. This site is composed of plant species and bird sanctuary. Aside from this, a privately owned mangrove area named Julius mangrove can also be found in Naungan. Julius mangrove is well maintained and is ideal for sightseeing. It has a cottage and a trail that connects to the mangrove areas.